21/12/2008

X'mas Leave

Today started our 3rd day of X'mas leave. I woke up in a not usual room, smaller, big window, good combination of wall colour, maroon carpet and a single bed. Ohhh I just realised that I'm in London now in one of ordinary hotel spending here for nearly 2 weeks before I head to Manchester.

Our X'mas dinner went very well last Wednesday night at Royal Maritime Club not far from HMS Nelson. We started with welcoming dinner, X'mas draw in which I didn't win anything followed by dinner, magic show, live band and photo session by professional according to individual musical instruments.

When I was in my Wardroom in Portsmouth, I didn't know what to pack. I really hate travelling with heavy luggages. I minimised my stuff yet it was still heavy and fortunately there was only 1 big bag I needed to carry. Travelling on train from Portsmouth Harbour to Waterloo station was quite smooth until I used the underground tube in which I needed to change few tubes nad running up and down on stairs with my bulky luggages. I finally arrived in the hotel and I felt so relief.

Then started my London stay with Malay dinner buffet. Ohhh I really miss my food. I initially wanted to order ala carte but I just couldn't resist when I saw Sambal Belacan with some Ulam, Ipoh Mee Curry, Lamb garlic, Ketam etc.. Aiii nyaman ehhh. What a food after 3 months. Sambal Belacan was a kicking start. I just love it though it was very spicy. I finished up with Teh Tarik with Cucur Pisang and Seri Muka... aiii lagi nyaman and I ended with cery full stomach and felt sleepy. I walked out along the street for a while before sleep.

I guessed everyone from school has settled home closed to family celebrating Christmas together and I'm going to explore a little bit of travelling and exposure around England...

No comments: