29/12/2008

A Trip To HULL

1530H I am on a train from Hull heading to London King Cross Railway station. I felt glad to have visited Hull finally when Tim Button, one of my colleagues invited me for a Christmas gathering a month ago. I just can’t believe it went so fast after 2 nights stay with Button’s family.

I went to Hull last Saturday, 27th Dec 2008 by train at King Cross London Railway station. I bought a red wine and my favourite flower Lily to bring along to Hull. It was busy when I got to King Cross railway station as this station goes to Paris as well. Ahuh.. now I know that Eurostar starts from here…

It was 3pm when I departed towards Doncaster and changed train to Hull and arrived half past eight. When I got out, Tim was just outside with his friend, Mike. Tim’s mother, Helen fetched us from the station and our acquaintance started from there. We arrived in a lovely house and I presented those Lily and I met Tim’s grandmother, Audrey. Everyone was very friendly and I felt like home. I passed the red wine I bought to Audrey.

We had our 1st dinner together and unfortunately Mr Button was away for gig that night. After dinner, we watched movie, The Chronicles of Narnia and it brought up my memory as I have watched that when I was very little. Helen then passed me my Christmas present. Wow I felt so special. I just couldn’t believe I was in Hull.

Just before midnight, we stopped watching the Chronicle of Narnia and headed to bed. I slept at Dan’s room, Tim eldest brother who is also in a Royal Marine Band serving in Afghanistan now. He would be back home early next year.

Sunday morning, after breakfast, we went to Church. Hmm and I think it was a great experience for me to be there. I met Tim’s dad, Michael at home then we drove to Tim’s sister’s house not far from their house. I met Rachel and her huband, Nick. What a lovely house they’ve got. We all had a great dinner together. I just couldn’t resist those chocolate cakes in front of me. We played games and it was wonderful to be there and certainly I had a good time. We went home at 7pm. We watched Jurassic Park 1 and 2 in the living room while having the sandwiches, celery, carrots, cheese, chocolate cakes and etc….We finished at 1am, it was late and I felt very sleepy.

I woke up at 10 am and took my shower. When I got into the bathroom, I got my self locked up as the door handle fell off on the floor. I was quite panicked as I couldn’t open the door. I got my shower then Tim finally rescued me as I knocked on the door and shouted his name from inside. What a relief…

When I got down for breakfast, Helen, Audrey, Tim and his dad, Michael giggled and he said “we always keep our visitors inside the bathroom”. After breakfast, Tim’s dad sent his grand ma home then we continued watching the Chronicles of Narnia till episode 6. We couldn’t finish the movie as Tim’s mum had to go to work at 1pm. They dropped me off to the train station in Hull and I said goodbye to them for their great hospitality and a wonderfull stay. I walked around Hull town before I took a direct train to King Cross London.

The time now is 1715H and I am still in the train. Another 1 hour I shall be arriving in London.

No comments: